But one item on my list is having my own Redbud tree. My KC family knows how crazy I am for them...I often try and time my visits to when the Redbud (and the Whitebud) are blooming. In Missouri they are so profuse that they are sold on the sidewalks of local hardware stores for $19. And now our own University of Minnesota has taken the tree and created a hybrid that can survive our more difficult winters.
The history of the back corner of my yard is a long one and not quite done yet, but last year I finally planted a Redbud. Last week, the branches showed lots of "bud" but no blooms. "At least it's alive," I thought. But this weekend, it's having its day in the sun (so to speak). I sort of want to throw a party for it. Welcome to spring, Redbud! Congratulations for making it through the longest winter of your life!
I'm not sure what else to on my life list to start working on, but this item has been very satisfying.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your redbud! A wonderful goal/gift for yourself. I like the Life List story.... think I'll try that.
Post a Comment