I didn't realize that today was the solstice until I started writing this post. In Minnesota we have 8 hours and 45 minutes of light today (although the skies are cloudy this morning, so we might not see the sun at all). But the better news is that the sun will now start rising a little earlier each day now.
Last year about this time, I visited a friend who lives in rural Wisconsin. Even though we were drinking morning coffee, there were various candles lit on their table. Like the Swedes and Norwegians, my friend lit candles for their natural light when the sun wasn't there. I take inspiration wherever I can find it these days and I've started lighting candles now first thing when I wake up. Amidst the clutter of Christmas work on my dining room table, I have 3 tapers in my favorite holders lit while I drink my morning coffee. And I don't miss the sun quite so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment