Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dancing with the tax guys


No, I mean it.
I have always done my own taxes, and been sort of proud of the fact that they're generally done by mid-February. Of course, in my old life it was one job, some charitable deductions, some interest statements, a mortgage deduction and that was about it. This year was different and I knew I needed to invest in some help. I heard over and over again about Fox Tax and how well they worked with artists so I signed up for an appointment.
They're located in a wonderful section of Minneapolis bustling with artist studios and coffee shops and...as a demonstration of their commitment to their clients...have a small gallery in the front space of their offices. How cool is that? My meeting with them was really a good one: Not only am I getting a nice refund, but I learned how to keep on top of things this year (transition year #2). So I walked away very happy.
But yesterday, I get a note from them inviting me to celebrate "Accountant's New Year" with them...listing three different events to celebrate their favorite holiday, all of them involving art, music, and the threat of accountants dancing. No wonder their clients are so loyal to them!

No comments: