Friday, April 11, 2008

Garden glove season

Ok, maybe not quite yet.
We've had some pretty dramatic weather this April. 6 or 7 inches of snow last week and threats of another significant snowfall for today. (Parts of Minnesota did get 6-12" overnight.) Last night the sound of icy snow hitting the windows was so loud it made me wonder if there was a window or door open somewhere. Then for good measure, lightning would flash followed by a good April thunder-crack.
Nonetheless the gardening stores are gearing up. While at Home Depot this week I couldn't resist this pair of gloves to add to my collection. They are chartreuse leather with a rather 60's type paisley print cuff. And yes, another collection. I adore garden gloves. If I could, I would buy 4 or 5 pair at a time. I love the prints used in the cotton ones that remind me of old fashioned quilts, the range of materials (I have a pair with rubber fingers) and the colors (my fuschia suede pair). I have a pair from Hable Construction in New York that are too cute to use, but the others all have their day in the yard.
And the weather people are all promising 60 degrees next week.

1 comment:

Eero said...

We're having a cold spring, too. Days of snow, then bright, sunny days that dawn at +9F. I work at a greenhouse that's gearing up for the gardening season---we're bursting with plants, but no one is buying yet. They're all still shoveling snow...