Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mixed media delight

I didn't make the book party last night at Studio Bricolage, but I won't miss tomorrow's garage sale at the same location. Here's the description from their email:

Sunday, June 7/10-2 Spring Cleaning Sale at Leonardo's Basement (4301 Nicollet Ave/Mpls.)
This Sunday will be spring cleaning day at Leonardo's Basement, readying the workshop for summer classes. Rather than throw it all away, we'll sell our junk to you (and others). And, because it is our 10th Anniversary (more about that later), we decided to sell everything for 10 cents to support the Scholarship Fund.We are also cleaning out our warehouse space so you will be able to buy everything from scores of boxes of Magnetic Poetry, to hundreds of 4'-long solid glass rods, to gazillions of really cool plastic orbs.he sale will be on the sidewalk and in the shop. You can't miss it. Kids will be selling refreshments for, you guessed it, 10-cents. Join us! Bring a friend.

I leave for Penland in two weeks and am starting to think about what fun things I'll bring to work with in the studio. The opportunity to work uninterrupted and in community (125 students and teachers are there for the same reason you are) is a great chance to try new things and stretch yourself. Julie Chen, who is leading our class, has sent along a note encouraging us to bring a few small things to "house" in our boxes, and to bring some things to share with the class. I'm counting on this sale to find the perfect items (and cheap, too!) to pack in the corners of my suitcase. I'm pretty sure no one else in the studio will have anything like what I find. And who knows what fun projects will result from it all.

No comments: