Thursday, July 3, 2008

Final Boxes



As I'm getting ready to ship boxes and we're all getting ready to clean the studio, I've had a few minutes to snap pictures of my final boxes. Next week when I'm home, I can post pictures of my colleagues' work on Flickr.



The black box is a cigar box...ostensibly a tray with a lid that is attached. But this one is done in the manner of a real cigar box, with a lid that fits inside the side walls (you can see it best in the photo of the box with the lid up).


The "fall apart" box was very fun to do. It looks like a simple box, but when you remove the lid, all four sides fall down. Terrific if you have an object to display inside!


The culmination of our work this week was a collaboration with the print studio. Our group made a portfolio box for ourselves and one for a print student. While each box was the same size, we all did our own interpretations of the theme. (The inside of my portfolio uses an off-cut from the print studio of a collograph.) In return they did a portfolio of prints to fit inside our boxes. The exchange was yesterday and the results were spectacular.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.