Sunday, July 13, 2008

Remembering


I have wonderful neighbors, who among many kind acts, like to take care of my dog while I'm gone. They had Bella with them for the two weeks that I was at Penland, so an appropriate thank-you gift had to be found for them. Their daughter is keeper of the orangutans at Como Zoo and they've enjoyed being "grandparents" to the new baby born there recently. Coincidentally at Penland, one of my studio colleagues brought some Malaysian money for us to use in our boxes...and one bill features...yup, an orangutan. Perfect to feature on the outside of a box to store photos.


I didn't have time to make up their box until I got home, but it was good practice to see if I remembered all that I learned with Julie. Whew! I did. The box is a 3-sided tray, large enough to hold 4"x6" photos with a wrap case and a magnet closure.

2 comments:

Carol said...

That's a wonderful gift and the addition of the orang portrait is truly brilliant.

Clara said...

Lovely! They must have been delighted.