Monday, July 14, 2008
Pasting or Gluing
I've just discovered that Shepherds Bookbinders in England (also associated with Falkiner's wonderful store) has started a blog for their products. One post has a very good description of glues and pastes and the best uses for all the various types of adhesives. A mundane subject but unless you are only stitching books, you're going to be using an adhesive at some point. Everyone I know uses glue (and paste) differently. I love rice paste for Japanese papers but I have colleagues who won't even consider using it. But every once in awhile, it's good to see what's out there and try something different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Useful site, thank you - I'd never have found that on my own. My favourite adhesive is the Nori paste which I blend in with PVA, just enough to slow down the sticking time of the PVA.
Riverlark i love your website its great about art. you are a great artist!!!!1
Love,
Haylee
www.askhaylee.blogspot.net
Post a Comment