My apologies if I was really whiny yesterday. My BFF says she didn't notice it, but then admitted that she's been pretty whiny herself (which is why I love her).During a break I picked up Sarah Susanko's new book "The Not So Big Life" and dipped into it...right into the chapter on "The Power of Beauty." She describes a simple handmade ceramic tile that she loves and says "That's what beauty can do. It's a doorway into the next dimension, the dimension that we normally think of as time but that really is beyond linear time, and in real time--in presence. Beauty, when you experience it fully, opens the door to being in the Now just as surely as any death-defying act."
So here's my new studio wall just about done. I brought some flowers in from the garden to celebrate it and put my cute iPod Dog on his new home. I want to find a bulletin board for one side and there's another shelf to hang, but you can see the results. I have never used colors like this anywhere else in my life, but I really love them.
5 comments:
RL, great transformation! I love, love, love, the color, not to mention the tres cool iPod Dog. It's quite amazing what you've accomplished since I met you at Penland.
pretty awsome color. it reminds me of sorbet ice cream. yummy design!!!!
The colors look like saffron to me--indian sari robes. An ipod dog?!? So cool---never seen that before.
E.
The color is "luma orange" and is actually much deeper than the picture displays, but Eero is right...it does have an East Indian or maybe even Tibetan feel. At any rate, it just glows down in the basement. It's like a happy surprise everytime I walk down there!
(and the iDog is just a riot...moves his head and ears when you play music)
I love those colors!
Post a Comment