Since my class at Penland where we created our own visual images for our books, I've been trying to stay away from the Twin Cities' five (5!) strong paper stores. But sometimes you just have to go visit your favorite shop for inspiration. Wet Paint has a new stock of swirl printed loktas on hand. The swirl pattern is a little kooky and the lokta colors are really great...not pastel-y but a wonderful orange, sage green, etc. And lokta is my second favorite paper to glue.A new store has opened in Minneapolis called PaperGami. They say that they're the largest importer of Japanese paper in the country, but I find that most of their chiyogami has that plastic-like feel. Still I stick my head in occasionally because they also carry a small amount of katazome (however my heart will always belong to Japanese Paper Place). The small orange and green oval patterned paper came from PaperGami but is a machine made text weight paper. I'll try gluing a small sample before using it for a bigger project.
1 comment:
Ooooooohhhhh. Paper lust!
Post a Comment