
I know that
Robert Frost didn't like a wall, but I'm excited about the new one in my basement. The basement itself is quite small and holds the standard washing machine, dryer, wash tub, furnace and (thankfully) AC. In addition, someone built some strong and wonderful shelves into the wall which have been great for all my plastic shoeboxes of rubber stamps and art supplies. (When I saw the shelves while viewing the house, it was another of those "I have to have this house" moments.) It became the de facto studio for me, though its location was less than inspiring. But while putting together my
Ikea purchases I had the inspiration that a simple wall could really help make the space more appealing and more functional. Today my brother brought his truck of tools and k

now-how over and put that wall up for me. It doesn't have any true use except to block the view of the furnace and AC and provide a sort of white space of inspiration for me but I'm still very excited about it. You can see that he's hung a good shelf across the middle. I'll place my worktop underneath that and use the shelf for pots of glue, paint, etc. Other than that, I'm still thinking: Should I hang some cork on it as a bulletin board? Paint it a wonderful color to motivate me? A landscape of
Penland?
4 comments:
You're really rolling, RL. I'm impressed!
Every little change is a new dedication to your work space. It must feel wonderful!
Thanks, Penland friends for your encouragements! I feel like I should have a little party to celebrate the space when it's done. (And also to cleanse my brother's nasty spirits out of the air....it was not a good day with him.) But he's gone now and Bella and I have the space to ourselves.
Oh wow, it's going to be great isn't it! Would love to have a studio space of my own, one day I hope? Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I was wondering, have you worked with Heidi Kyle? I'd love to!
Post a Comment