We haven't had rain in weeks and most people are giving up on their lawns and barely hanging onto their gardens. The weather people on TV keep trying to give their reports a "possible rain in the next few days" spin, but no one believes them anymore and I'm not sure they're even buying it. But last night about 3 pm the storm of storms rolled in. It was one of the most amazing displays of thunder and lightning I've ever seen. Literally the thunder and lightning were nonstop with one or two strikes that felt like they were in my front yard (fortunately no damage here but about 85,000 people in the cities have lost electricity). It was almost like the thunder couldn't keep up with the lightning. There was about 10 minutes of this before the rain even started and then we got about 3/4 of a blessed inch.
The only down side for me is that I left my sun roof open about 4 inches last night so the car wouldn't be so warm in the morning. I guess it will be plenty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment